Over the years or being in the exterior remodeling business I have found that there are only really 3 options that are offered in the Tulsa Siding market and here they are:
Here are my opinions on each product from over 18 years of working on homes in Tulsa for each siding product…Lets start with Vinyl Siding in Tulsa.
Vinyl Siding used to be a great option back in the 80’s and 90’s in the Tulsa Siding market but it has really just faded out because of the overall look of the product in comparison with Wood Siding & James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding. The most common design complaint that I get is that it just looks incredibly cheap once installed and the trim around the windows and the corners just look dumb and not real. I absolutely have to agree with this observation and do NOT like it either so I decided over 15 years ago to not even entertain the option of installing any form of vinyl siding on homes in Tulsa! There are a couple more reasons that I don’t agree with it being a viable solution for siding on Tulsa homes and here they are:
- Tulsa Vinyl Siding looks fake
- Tulsa Vinyl Siding even though being improved over the years doesn’t stand up to the elements in Tulsa Oklahoma because IT IS PLASTIC!!!!!! (Come on guys…Dont put plastic all over your home and cover everything up with it!!! 🙄
- Tulsa Vinyl Siding melts off of a house if it comes close to heat or fire like bbq grills and it happens all of the time
- Tulsa Vinyl Siding these days seem to devalue your resale or desirability because it just doesn’t look nice
- Tulsa Vinyl Siding has a high potential to off-gas in the oklahoma heat which can be horrible for your health in the longterm and there is a documentary out there called “Blue Vinyl” that you should check out on this topic
Ok…So that leaves us with LP SmartSide and James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding. Lets talk next about my opinion on LP SmartSide”
- LP SmartSide Siding is made up of OSB which is used for roof decking and wall sheathing!!! This is NUTS TO ME!!! Guys…This is what SHOULD BE UNDER YOUR SIDING and NOT the product that your siding is made out of!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really the main point that I have to make about this product. If you have any sense and don’t just totally get “sold” on this siding by a salesman that has probably never had a tool belt on in his life PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN SEE HOW THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! PLEASE!!! 🤦♂️Oriented Strand Board (OSB) is meant to not be out in the elements or directly exposed to the elements so why in the world would you use this as the exterior cladding that is going to be protecting your home!
- One of the main reasons that contractors like to use the OSB Siding such as LP SmartSide is that its much easier to install than the competing James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding by way of tools used to install…they do not have to invest in specialized tools to install such as diamond saw blades, specific nail guns and fasteners. Also, there is not as much as extensive training needed to install the OSB siding product as opposed to the years needed to learn the PROPER INSTALLATION of the James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding product.
- Check out the warranty on the LP SmartSide Siding in Tulsa. You will notice that it is only a 5/50 year warranty which in short means you are really only covered in full for 5 years but you will have many sales guys not mention the 5 year part of the warranty and only mention the 50 year warranty which is EXTREMELY MISLEADING and you should run!
So…That leaves us with the James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in Tulsa. Lets dig into this product:
- James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in Tulsa has the best look of all of the sidings in my opinion and is the only siding product besides wood that is approved for the historic remodels approved by the city of Tusla which tells you that there is a huge difference in the looks and overall quality of the product in comparison with LP SmartSide or Vinyl Siding products
- James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in Tulsa is made to stand the test of time by offering the longed solid 30 year warranty in the business without it being prorated or diminishing at all
- James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in Tulsa is fire resistant and has the longest lifespan of all of the siding products on the market.
- James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding in Tulsa will hold the paint on your home better than any other product on the market because of it being cement and super stable
I would LOVE to meet with you about your project and come up with a great solution for the look of your dreams!
Just call us any time at (918)960-1639 to set up a free consultation with me (Steven the owner) and I promise not to be “salesy” but instead just point you in the right direction for your project and investment into your home.
OR…CLICK HERE to reach out to me and I will give you a call!
Thank you so much for reading,
Tulsa Renew Siding Company