If you’re planning to install Hardieplank fiber cement siding on your home, you’re making a great choice. You only have a couple more decisions to make before that beautiful siding goes up on your house!
One decision involves the paint on your siding. You have two options: 1) You can choose James Hardie’s Color Plus siding which comes to you already painted, or 2) you can order the pre-primed Prime Plus siding, which comes already primed for you to paint yourself (or hire professionals to paint).
There are benefits and drawbacks to each. To help you decide, here are some points to consider:
Benefits of Color Plus:
- All the painting is done for you! No need to buy ladders & paintbrushes or hire a painter.
- The siding is painted by a computerized machine in a controlled environment, resulting in a pristine, beautiful finish. The machines apply more coats of paint than a typical house painter or homeowner.
- The color choice is less daunting. The wide variety of hues available are proven to look great on exterior siding, but there are hundreds rather than thousands of possibilities.
- The installation is faster. You can enjoy your new siding sooner, and there’s less of a chance of the job getting held up by bad weather.
- There’s no chance of getting paint on the bricks or stone, the landscaping or your neighbors car.
Benefits of Prime Plus:
- You have more color choices. If you’d like a unique color, Prime Plus might be the way to go.
- It’s usually the less expensive option.
- If you need to do paint touch-ups, they’ll blend right in. The color from the factory might be harder to match later.
- When the siding is installed with a high quality coating, you’ll get a 25-year warranty!
- The seams can be caulked so they’re less noticeable.
They are both great options, but you decide what’s right for you. No matter if you choose Color Plus or Prime Plus, your Hardieplank siding is guaranteed to be durable and aesthetically pleasing, and it will last you for many years!
Tulsa Renew is honored to have a great reputation for doing quality siding work in the Tulsa, OK area. If you have other Hardieplank siding questions or you’d like a free, no-obligation assessment of your home, give us a call at 918-960-1639. Let us help you make your home even more beautiful!